What is your Lenten discipline?
Lent is a time to grow closer to God and the tradition of the church is to practice a special spiritual discipline during these six weeks leading up to Easter.
Many people choose to give something up as a way to fast during this season of penitence. If you want to fast, consider these ideas:
- Give up chocolate or another food.
- Eat only bread and water one day per week.
- Deactivate your Facebook account for the Lenten season.
- Stop watching television.
- Refrain from gossiping about others.
Other people choose to take something up as a way to increase their awareness of God’s presence. If you want to add something to your life, consider these ideas:
- Take a walk every day.
- Pray for 15 minutes each morning.
- Use your prayer beads twice a week.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
Whatever you choose to do to observe a holy Lent, the purpose is for you to draw closer to God and to enhance your relationship with God. Cultivate a deeper connection with God this Lent!
And don’t forget that it’s not too late to join a Radical Welcome discussion group! Visit the Radical Welcome page for more information about how to be part of this congregation-wide study!