It's voting season again! Primaries take place on August 7th, and the November election is on 11/06. We at UUMC believe that it's important for those who have traditionally been disenfranchised to have a voice in our democratic process.
To this end, UUMC members who are also part of the League of Women Voters have set up a Voting Help Desk in the Fellowship Hall. This table has forms to register voters and/or update their information; guidelines on complying with the Show it to Vote regulations; and information on issues that affect our community, such as SNAP and Proposition A.
The goal of the help desk is to create an ongoing community resource, especially for our Open Door Food Pantry guests. A church volunteer will be at the desk during food pantry hours (Wednesdays 2-4pm) to assist in voter registration, updating contact information, answering questions, etc. However, the forms and information are available at any time.
Meanwhile, please take note of these important dates:
- 7/27: League of Women Voters Metro St. Louis Voters' Guide published
- 8/2: Last day to request an absentee ballot for the primary
- 8/7: Primary polls open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 9/25: Absentee voting begins for the November 6th election
- 10/10: Last day to register for the November 6th election
- 10/31: Last day to request an absentee ballot
- 11/6: Election day polls open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Voting Help Desk, please contact Irma Ruebling.